Safety tips when buying and selling on classifieds websites.
Target specific groups of interest and expand your reach to your audience: Whether you are specifically targeting job or property or car seekers - we always have the right audience for you. Also, gain from deep insights about your target group and reach.
Safety Tips : Selling
- Use safe location to meet and take the full payment at delivery.
- PLease be aware of fake currencies / money orders.Banks wont honour fake currency/money order.
- Ensure to verify the buyers for a bulk order. Ask the buyer to provide photo ID and proof or adhaar details.
- Ensure that your product meets the requirement of buyer as shown in ad to avoid any misunderstanding.
- Do not share your financial information unless it is required for payment.
Warnings: For sellers
- The buyer is willing to purchase your item without checking it in in person – check.
- The buyer sends you a cheque for more than the agreed price, and then asks you to refund the overpaid amount - Check.
Safety Tips : Buying
- Meet in safe loocations , inspect the item before purchase.
- Check for unrealistic offers. it is used to motivate purchasers to make hasty decisions.
- Way to safe transaction is to collect the item and pay at the same time. Never transfer funds or make online payment using any mode without collecting the payment.
- The classified ad promotes products,services or rental properties advertised at very low prices, comparable items advertised on the same and other websites.
- Double check on quality of the item, price, payment and delivery method.
- Use only payment methods that you trust and familiar with.
- Ensure to purchase items directly from the seller. Do not pay online without checking the materials.
- Double check for electronic goods, cars, and bikes before purchase.
- Verify vehicle chassis number and vehicle books.
Warning : For buyers
- When dealing with rental property, the ‘landlord’ won’t allow you to view the property and will ask for bond, rent payments or deposits in advance.
- The seller claims to be unavailable (e.g. they are travelling or have moved overseas) and insists on payment prior to arranging for delivery of the goods Protect yourself.
- Be ware of overpayment, and requests to refund the excess money by internet banking or wire transfers.
- Avoid arrangement with a stranger that asks for payment via money order, wire transfer, international funds transfer,.It is rare to recover money sent this way.
- If you have received any wrong amounted cheque with any excess or lower amount, resend the cheque and request them to send new cheque with correct value.
- Do not send the items if the cheque is not cleared.
- If the advertised price of a goodS, service or rental property looks too good to be true. If you have any doubts, don't go ahead with the deal.
- Don’t trust the legitimacy of an ad just because it appears in a reputable newspaper or classifieds website.
- Do internet search using the exact wordS in ad, scams can be found this way.
- For rental properties or holiday accommodation, only use reputable online booking agents.
- The safest option to purchase the goods physically is to only pay the seller after you have inspected the goods in person. dont deposit or any partial payments before inspection.